The Yeoman of the Guard
Notes: Gilbert & Sullivan;
Venue: Opera House
Formed in 1891, The N.A.O.C. is one of the oldest A.O.C. It was started by Mr Griffiths, organist of St Sepulchre’s church, who, with support from his Vicar and choir, formed a company with JJ Hart as chairman, and Mr Skevington as secretary.
Their first production was at the Opera House (now the Royal Theatre) in Guildhall Road, where in June 1898 three performances of ‘The Yeoman of the Guard’ were given.